First I have to say that getting these pictures of Beth yesterday on the first day of school was TERRIBLE! I went to take the pictures before we left for school and realized that the batteries in my camera were dead and I couldn't find any batteries to replace them anywhere. So we headed to the store on our way and again, I couldn't find the batteries anywhere. Every checkstand had every other size of batteries but apparently everyone else needed AA's too. Finally I found some and with 5 minutes to spare before school started we were back on our way. We got to the school and I realized that morning kindergarten leaves at the same time the afternoon kids arrive. What a zoo! There were kids and cars and busses and crazy moms (like me!) all over the place. We found a place to park, ran to the school so I could finally take pictures, got Beth in place, went to snap the picture when the message "Memory card is full" came up. I thought, "No big deal, I'll take them on the internal memory." Took out the card only to have the message "Internal memory is full". Of course, by this time there are more crazy moms waiting to take their child's picture in front of the sign too. So we move out of the way while I try to decide which pictures I can delete to make room for my new pictures. Sorry Mom, Neil and Paula you got erased in the name of forever remembering Beth's first day of school. Finally I got a few pictures taken and Beth was off to school. She was so calm and happy. And I have to admit, everything was so hectic that I didn't even have time to collect myself and cry! Today however... Beth got on the bus to go to school. She looked so grown up crossing the street in her cute little skirt with her backpack. She waved, got on the bus and off she went and I cried all the way back to our house! Anyway, the pictures of her in blue and white are from the first day and the ones of her in pink are from today.


Emma started back to speech on Wednesday. Nothing is very new for her this year except that she gets to go to "Big Class". Big class is once a week and is just like preschool for all the kids who go to speech. I think she will love it.

All five of our kids have gone to speech. They each had issues of their own, Emma has the most. We did have a breakthrough yesterday though. Emma calls herself "Ennie". She calls me Mama without problem but can't seem to get Emma. Yesterday we were eating lunch and all of a sudden she popped out Emma. Now it's her favorite thing to say.
We have loved having Chris as all of the kids' teacher. She is so good. I will be so sad when Emma graduates from speech and we won't see Chris anymore. But, that's two years away!
Kindergarten is life changing for moms! I cried when the bus would roll up and take my 5 year olds away. I'll never forget their little legs getting on the bus. And walking back home without them. Sad day!!
ReplyDeleteBeth and Emma look so cute!! What a fun time for them.
Sandra
Sounds about right.....oh the joys of our hectic lives huh? Check out my blog, I know the feelings of crying about kindergarten....your girls are so cute!! We need to have lunch again..soon, miss ya!!
ReplyDelete