CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Evil Twin?

Have you ever wondered what would happen if someone twisted one of your children up REALLY, REALLY, REALLY tight in a tire swing? These pictures are the answer to that question. The kids twisted Carter in the tire swing, which is quite close to the ground, so that the botttom of the tire was about as tall as Thomas's head and then let it go. Carter's head was hanging over the back of the swing so all of the blood ran to the top half of his head and broke the blood vessels. When I first saw him he looked like he had the measels. His poor little face was so swollen and purple, but his eyes were still white. Multiple doctors later we were told that everything was fine, but he would look pretty funny for a while.

Enter the EVIL TWIN!
I can't help but laught now whenever I look at his little face. The whites of his eyes filled completely with blood. By the next morning he looked AWFUL! I don't have a picture to do him justice! He wore sunglasses everywhere he went for a little while to avoid the questions, and we get A LOT of questions and comments. Even today we were in the grocery store and a little boy walked by and said, "Mom! It's the boy with red eyes!" Now he loves to freak people out by staring at them with his eyes as wide as he can make them. It's too bad this didn't happen around Halloween, he'd have a built in costume! It's been about 10 days now and his eyes are changing to a kind of orangish yellow color but I think it will be quite some time before he looks like his cute little self. Oh, the joys of having children!



3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Poor kid. I've never heard of this before, but I think I would have thrown up if someone spun me around like that. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I didn't even know such a thing could happen. You'll be so glad you got pictures someday.

    ReplyDelete